Niall Horan Facts
Welcome to Niall Horan Facts. In July 2010, a then 16 year old, Niall Horan, from Mullingar in the Irish midlands, performed a version of Ne-Yo’s ‘So Sick’ at the X Factor auditions in Dublin’s convention center in front of X Factor judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole and guest judge Katy Perry.
Niall’s audition proved to be the first step in a truly remarkable turn of events that saw him becoming a member of the new boyband One Direction who would become one of the most popular musical acts of 2012 with sales of over 8 million singles, 3 million albums, and 1 million DVDs and a whirlwind world tour.
Let’s take a look at some fun, interesting and little known Niall Horan Facts:
- Niall James Horan was born on the 13th September 1993 (Virgo), in County Westmeath, in the Irish midlands, to parents Bobby and Maura Horan. Niall has one sibling, an older brother, Greg.
- Niall attended St Kenny National School in Mullingar and in 2004 played the lead role in the school play “Oliver” giving a masterful performance of “Where is Love”. Niall also performed in the school choir, being regularly selected for solo performances. Niall returned to St Kenny in September 2010 to meet the current students, who greeted him with a rendition of “‘Consider Yourself at Home”.
- Niall attended secondary school in Colaiste Mhuire (Mary’s College) in Mullingar, County Westmeath, but did not sit his leaving certificate (equivalent of getting a High School Diploma or GPA) or attend his debs (prom). His favorite subject in school was geography.
- Niall is approximately 5 foot 7 inches, weighs 10 stone 8 pounds and wears a size 9(US) shoe. Niall started life as a brunette but has been bleaching his hair blonde since the age of 12. Niall is left handed and does not have any tattoos.
- Before X-Factor Niall was in a relationship with Holly Scally. However, Niall has said they broke up so that he could concentrate on his career. Pre-stardom Niall compensated by his lack of money by being an over the top romantic. Holly remembers one date with Niall when he rented a boat and rowed across a lake, all the time singing to her. Undoubtedly Niall sang some of their favorite songs including like Justin Bieber’s “Baby” and Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours”.
- Niall is the only member of One Direction born outside of England and is the second youngest member of the band. Before they named the band One Direction, Niall suggested they should be ‘Niall and the Potatoes’.
- Despite failing to win X-Factor, One Direction immediately signed a record deal with Lycos Music, a subsidiary of Sony Music. The band quickly released their first album, “Up All Night” in November, 2011 in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and later throughout North America through Columbia Records. Up All Night was an instant success and broke all sorts of records as it shot to number 1 on the iTunes and Billboard charts. Niall sang solo for just 1 minute and 25 seconds of Up All Night, the least singing time of any member of the band.
- On the 8th of January 2013 Niall passed his driving test at the first attempt, in Borehamwood, Essex and immediately rewarded himself b splashing out on a stylish Land Rover costing £70,000. Niall complete a 25 hour course of lessons in preparation for the test and completed his test with just two minor errors. Niall’s instructor commented that he “never had a pupil so focused on passing his test”.
- Niall is performing as part of One Direction’s world tour “Take Me Home”, kicking off in February 2013 at London’s O2 Arena. The band will travel to sold out shows throughout Europe, Australia and North America. When original concert dates were sold out within minutes, the band added extra shows to keep up with fan demand. They then had to add 25 additional shows in 20 cities across America.
I am always looking to add to our great list of Niall Horan Facts so if you would like to add to our list we would love to hear from you. Simply complete the comments form below – full credit will be given to contributors. Niall Horan Facts brought to you by Roger Power. For more information about Niall Horan read here.
So you think you are Niall’s biggest fan? Lets put your knowledge to the test with our fantastic Niall Horan Quiz!